Step by step process for temporarily shutting off online ordering. For permanent closures please contact email@example.com
- Log in to Command Center One (CC1): https://rrtportal.rrtusa.net/login
- Click on the company name.
- Select the Division. This may not apply to most users.
- Select the location. Note: single location users will only have their own restaurant visible.
- Click on the “Configuration” tab under the Restaurant section.
- Select Closures.
- Select “New” to begin adding a closure.
- You may select a closure for all or one location. Check the box for “Create for Entire Division” to create a closure for all locations. Leave the “Create for Entire Division” box unchecked if you wish to create a closure for a single location.
- Click the calendar icon to set the date range.
- Click on the date of the closure once to set the start of the closure, then again on the date that the closure will end.
- Click on the “Specify Time” icon to set a closure for a short period of time. Adjust the time period as needed. Note: this is not necessary for an all day closure.
- Click “Add” to set the closure.
- Closures may be set for multiple days. Click on the calendar icon to open the date range. Click on the first day of the closure. Click again on the last day of the closure.
- Click Add when finished.
- Closures may be removed at any time by clicking on the trash icon.
- Closures will expire once they have exceeded the end time. There is no need to remove expired closures.
- Invalidations must occur after adding or removing a closure. This process clears the cache so that the restaurant settings are updated immediately and visible to users.
- Click on the Restaurant tab under the Restaurants section.
- Type in the restaurant name in the search field.
- Click on the Select Cache drop down.
- Select “Restaurant” to clear the cache if you are setting closure(s) for one restaurant.
- Select “Division” if you have set closures for all restaurants.
Please sign in to leave a comment.