Item Level Configuration
Step by step guide on configuring items and modifiers through Command Center One. This document is broken down into the different sections listed in the Items section of CC1.
- Log into Command Center One (CC1): https://rrtportal.rrtusa.net/home
- Click on Items under the Menu section.
Enter the location under “Select Restaurant”. Use the “Search” filter to find the item you wish to configure. Search by item name or ID#. Click on the item that is listed in the proper menu category to begin the configuration process.
The item settings will section allows the user to change the name of the item, add the menu description, and add an item image (Images can be added using this document as a reference point). The Advanced gear icon will allow more detail such as calories, nutrition, and allergens. Some fields may be limited due to the choice of online ordering template.
Checked boxes in the Availability section indicates the item is enabled. The Display Types are more advanced settings that are rarely used. Consult your support team for further inquiry if necessary to explore these options.
You may save your updates after making changes. The changes will be listed on the left side of the screen. The source location will be automatically selected by default after clicking Save. You may select any other target locations to propagate your changes. Select the skip invalidation box if you plan to make several more changes. Click Save.
- The Modifier Group section of the screen will display the modifier groups that are assigned to the item. You may change the name of the modifier group in the Name field, however, any changes to the name of the modifier group will be reflected in ALL areas of the menu where the modifier group is visible.
- Adding values to the sort field will determine the display order of the modifier groups. Number 1 will show first followed by the next in descending order. Sort in multiples of 5 in case other modifier groups are added to the item. Note** Forced or required modifier groups will always show before unforced modifier groups.
- Display type changes will also be reflected in all areas of the menu where the modifier group is assigned. For more on display types see this document.
- Minimum/Maximum values should not be changed unless consent is provided by the Revolution configuration team.
- Checked boxes for call center, online, mobile, and Google Food Ordering indicates the modifier group(s) are enabled at the item level.
- Clicking on the Modifier Group will display the Modifiers in the section below. The same rules apply to the modifiers as to the modifier groups.
- Changing the name of the modifier will be reflected in all areas of the menu where that modifier is visible.
- Selecting a modifier as an ingredient will set the modifiers in a specific area. The type of online ordering template being used may determine whether ingredients will be relevant.
- There is an ability to select/deselect all modifiers in each of the call center, online, and mobile columns. Unchecking all first then adding back which modifiers will be used tends to be the fastest way to configure items.
- You may sort the modifiers alphabetically by clicking the arrow next to the Name field.
- Clicking on the modifier will display the modifier codes in the section below.
- It is best to remove all modifier codes (uncheck the all boxes) first and add back whichever modifier codes are needed. Use the “deselect all” feature to expedite this process.
- Ingredients will typically need the “no” modifier code enabled. Additional visible modifiers will typically need the add/sub/extra modifier codes visible.
- Modifiers may be displayed as checkboxes or radio buttons but it requires all modifier codes to be disabled in order for the display to show as desired.
**Important** It is necessary to save your work after each update. Attempting to make several changes without saving may result in changes not saving properly or the screen timing out. Best practice is to save your work prior to leaving any section (Item Settings, Item Details, Modifier Group, Modifier, Codes).
Invalidations (Clearing Cache)
This process clears the cache so that the configuration changes are updated immediately and visible to users. Click on the Restaurant tab under the Restaurants section. Click the Select Cache dropdown and select Restaurant.
If updates are being made to all locations then select the Division to clear the cache for all locations.
Article is closed for comments.