Modifier Groups Configuration
Step by step guide to configuring modifier groups.
- Click on Modifier Groups under the Menu section.
- Ensure you have the right location selected.
- Enter the name or PLU of the modifier group in the search field.
- Partial names will populate the list of modifier groups you are searching.
- You may change the name of the modifier group under the Modifier Group Name field but this will change the name for the modifier group in all menu areas where the modifier group is assigned.
- Checked availability boxes notates the modifier group is enabled. Uncheck boxes to disable the modifier groups.
- You may change the minimum/maximum settings for the modifier group but this is not recommended. Note*** if you change a forced modifier to a minimum of zero the order will fail.
- The sort field allows the modifiers to fall in the desired order. The lower the value the higher the items will show (starting with one). We recommend sorting in intervals of five to allow future sorting of new modifiers (1, 5, 10, etc,.).
- The boxes on the lower right show the modifiers enabled for call center, online, and mobile ordering. Uncheck the boxes to disable the modifiers at the global modifier group level.
- The “Child Items” are the modifiers that are assigned to the modifier group.
- The “Parent Items” are the items that have this modifier group assigned. This is the best way to validate which modifier group you need to configure.
- All forced modifiers will show as boxes on the online ordering front end. There is no need to make display adjustments for forced modifier groups. Forced modifier groups contain a minimum setting of one or more.
- Unforced modifier groups can be shown as drop downs, checkboxes or radio buttons. Unforced modifier groups contain a minimum setting of zero.
- The ShowInLine setting will place the modifier group in front of the customize button or it will be visible as soon as the item is selected. This mirrors the look of a forced modifier group.
- The default setting is used for passing forced modifiers to the restaurant that do not need to be visible on the online ordering menu. These may be course modifiers or plate modifiers that the client uses for in-house operations. This feature is rarely used but more information can be attained by contacting the configuration team.
- The source location will be pre-selected by default. You may choose to save updates to the source, several or all locations.
- It is highly recommended to skip the invalidation process if there will be several more updates to be made.
- All changes will be featured in the left side of the page.
Invalidations (Clearing Cache)
This process clears the cache so that the configuration changes are updated immediately and visible to users. Click on the Restaurant tab under the Restaurants section. Click the Select Cache dropdown and select Restaurant.
If updates are being made to all locations then select the Division to clear the cache for all locations.
Article is closed for comments.