Non-Integrated Menu Configuration (Maverick)
Step by step process how to build a non-integrated menu using the Maverick portal.
- Create new menu
- Adding sections and items
- Adding modifier groups and modifiers
- Item and modifier configuration
Create New Menu-
- Log into Maverick and click on the menu tab. Click on “Create New Menu”.
- Enter the name of the menu. Assign the menu to the appropriate brand and click “Submit”.
- You will receive a confirmation that the menu has been created. Click “Great, Let’s Go!” to continue.
Adding sections and items
- Click “+Create New Section”
- Add the Section Name and description (if applicable).
- Choose the type of category.
- The “Active” button will be set by default. Turning the “Active” button off will hide the section.
- List the items that will reside in the section. Each item will be followed by a semicolon and there cannot be any spaces between items or semicolons.
- The size options follow the same pattern.
- If the section is available all day long then click the “Active All Day” box then “Submit”.
- To set time restrictions on the section de-select the “Active All Day” box. This will populate a start time and end time schedule. Set the hours that the section should be visible and select “Submit”.
- Continue to add all menu sections following the same steps.
- Sort the order of the sections by clicking on “Reorder Sections”.
- Click and drag the sections to the desired order. Click “Submit” when finished.
Adding modifier groups and modifiers
- Add modifier groups by clicking on “+Create New Modifier Group”
- Add the name of the modifier group.
- Higher Priority numbers will show first.
- The “Active” button will be set to default and may be turned off to deactivate the modifier group.
- The modifiers will be entered using a semicolon between each modifier. No spaces should be provided between modifiers or the semicolon.
- Set the Default Item Max to “1” to allow each modifier to be selected once. (most common setting). Set the Default Item Price to “0” for non-charged modifiers. External ID boxes may remain empty. ID’s are only needed for Integrated clients.
- Click “Submit” to create the modifier group.
- Set the default item Max to “2” if you would like to provide the guest with the ability to add more than one modifier.
- Here is an example of setting the default item max to “2”.
- You may also set a price override for a modifier group at the item level.
- Open the item and expand the modifier groups tab. Set the price you would like for the modifiers assigned to the item.
- Continue to add modifier groups and modifiers that you will need for the menu items.
- Click on the modifier group to configure the modifiers.
- Sort the modifier order by clicking “Reorder (Name of modifier group)”.
- Click on the blue icon to configure an individual modifier.
- You may set a price for a single modifier in this area. This is useful if there are different priced modifiers within the same modifier group.
- You may also change the Modifier Item Name to show differently on the online order engine or the Print Name which will show when the order prints in the restaurant.
- Click on “Create New (Modifier Group Name)” to add an item to the existing modifier group.
- Add the new modifier name in the “Modifier Item Name” field.
- Add “1” in the “How Many Per Item” field. Add “2” in this field if you wish to allow more than one choice for each modifier.
- Activate the new modifier.
- Click “Create New Modifier Item.
- Save the update to one, several, or all menus that exist.
- Click “Submit”. You will receive a confirmation message after saving.
Item and modifier configuration
- Click on the first section to open it. Click on the blue icon to open the item for configuration.
- Enter the item description, calorie count and item price.
- There are dietary options that can be utilized (if applicable).
- Click on the blue icon under “Upload Image” to add pictures (see Maverick menu management for more details).
- Click “Active” in the Item Sizes to activate the menu item.
- Click on the Modifier Groups bar.
- Click on the “Active” tab to access the list of modifier groups.
- Click the “Allowed” tab to assign the modifier group to the item.
- Set the min/max values of the modifier group. This example prompts the guest to choose a minimum of one choice and a maximum of one choice.
- Enter the display name. This name will show on the online order engine and may differ from the modifier group name if needed.
- You may also assign a maximum price and adjust the priority. The highest priority will show first if you have more than one modifier group assigned to an item.
- Click “All” when you have assigned all modifier groups to an item.
- Click “Apply to Entire Section?” if you wish to assign this modifier group to all items within the section. Leave unchecked if you only want to assign the modifier group to the item.
- Click “Update item” to save your changes. You may go back and add modifier groups as needed.
- You may choose to update all menus or specific menus. After clicking submit you will see a drop down menu listing all choices.
- Add the merchants you wish to copy the changes to by selecting the locations in the Merchant Results field. Each choice will be moved to the Selected Merchants field.
- You will receive a confirmation message after saving.
Nested Modifier Configuration
- Nested modifiers may be used for side salad dressing choices (as an example) These may be added when creating the modifier group or updating a modifier group. In the example below we will update the Side Choices modifier group to include a garden salad with all dressing options.
- Click “Create New (name of modifier group) Modifier Item”.
- Enter the new modifier in the “Modifier Item Name” field. Bridge the two modifiers by using the equal symbol. Side Salad=1000 Island is the new modifier created in the example below.
- Change the Active/Inactive box to active. Enter a price if applicable.
- No need to enter anything in the “External ID” field for Non-Integrated menus.
- Enter “1” in the “How Many Per Item” field.
- The “Print Name” will auto-populate to match the “Modifier Item Name” field and can be updated if needed.
- Click “Create Modifier Item” when finished.
- Save to some or all Merchants.
- Repeat this process adding all dressing choices.
- Below is the view for the customer when ordering.
- Click on “Reorder (modifier group name) Items to adjust the order of the modifiers.
- Drag and drop the modifiers to sort the order.
- Click “Submit” when finished.
- Please reference our wide array of knowledge base documents for further guidance.
Article is closed for comments.